Posted to user@click.apache.org by easydoor958 <ea...@yahoo.fr> on 2012/08/30 15:29:15 UTC

Future of Apache Click

I use Apache Click on many applications, and i am worried about the future of
the framework, there was no new version for over a year !
and other frameworks emerge or evolve to include Ajax

Could you reassure me on the delivery of a new version ?

Thanks

Re: Future of Apache Click

Posted by easydoor958 <ea...@yahoo.fr>.
And a close integration with Hibernate JPA to create database tables
directly with the POJO like in Play Framework

Re: Future of Apache Click

Posted by easydoor958 <ea...@yahoo.fr>.
Keep up with the newest JEE standards...
1. Support CDI,
2. JSR 303(bean validation),
3. Provides Servlet 3.0 registration and make it activated by default in JEE6
application server.
4. Redesign the Ajax Component, hide the js operation for developer,
easily update the ajax ready Component in the java code(via callback),
like Apache Wicket.
5. Examples, show case, a real world JEE 6 example, a real world Spring based
example.

Re: Future of Apache Click

Posted by Damian Penney <dp...@gmail.com>.
I see this a lot but what would you like click to do that it currently
doesn't? Seems pretty feature complete to me.

Damian

Re: Future of Apache Click

Posted by easydoor958 <ea...@yahoo.fr>.

Re: Future of Apache Click

Posted by Easydoor958 <ea...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi,

The Click JQuery project was a good orientation for Ajax functions, the
Ajax4Click a bad one for me ...
I would like to receive Ajax functions with Java but not with Javascript

Could you integrate Click Jquery functions into next release of Apache Click ?

Thanks

Re: Fwd: Future of Apache Click

Posted by Prem Kurian Philip <pr...@songbirdtech.com>.
Malcolm,

Would like to help with the testing/development as well. The click
framework has been really useful to me having used it almost exclusively
since 2007.

Thanks,
Prem

Songbird Technologies
http://www.songbirdtech.com

Phone : +91-44-42856142
Cell  : +91-98400-83398
-----------------------
4/349, Sea Shell Avenue,
Anna Salai, Palavakkam,
Chennai, 600 041,
Tamil Nadu, India.

Re: Fwd: Future of Apache Click

Posted by Prem Kurian Philip <pr...@songbirdtech.com>.
Malcolm,

Would like to help with the testing/development as well. The click
framework has been really useful to me having used it almost exclusively
since 2007.

Thanks,
Prem

> Hi Scott,
>
> Thanks for your offer of support. I am planning to checkin a bunch of
> changes this week refactoring click extra package to add support for
> JQuery
> plugins. If you could get involved in testing these checkins, using the
> Click Examples application that would be great. If you find issues, see if
> you can figure out the problem and work up a patch.
>
> I am aiming to a Click 2.4 RC 1 release out by the end of this month.
>
> regards
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Scott Gurney <ma...@scottgurney.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Malcolm.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> First, a quick “thank you” for working on the Click project.  I really
>> like this framework as I work with it more and more.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Second, I would like to try to contribute if I can, at least in some
>> small
>> part.  I’m not a Java or web-development expert though so I’m a bit
>> reluctant to jump in.  If you think there are areas where a newbie could
>> help, please let me know.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Best regards,****
>>
>> ** **