Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by lincolnkendal <kl...@unl.edu> on 2007/10/18 18:41:48 UTC

OFBizPOS (terminal hardware + various ) questions

I'm looking for a POS.
I don't like touch-screens.  Can OFBizPOS work with matrix keyboards and
regular 101 key keyboards?
I can't use a POS application that runs in a browser.  Is OFBizPOS a locally
installed Java desktop application?
Is OFBizPOS built on top of XUI?
I'm looking for POS terminal hardware that has peripherals like printer, bar
code reader to work together from one vendor.  Where can I find a list of
terminals that OFBizPOS works with?
Does OFBizPOS run on IBM SurePOS 300, 500, 600 700?
Does OFBizPOS work on all PC-based terminals?

Re: OFBizPOS (terminal hardware + various ) questions

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Skip is right, except maybe about printers. The answers are straightforward :

> I'm looking for POS terminal hardware that has peripherals like printer, bar
> code reader to work together from one vendor.  Where can I find a list of
> terminals that OFBizPOS works with?

Not all JavaPOS compliant are here :  http://www.javapos.com/devices.html

Note : "The following information represents a *partial list* of the retail POS devices for which JavaPOS application support is
available."

> Does OFBizPOS run on IBM SurePOS 300, 500, 600 700?
> Does OFBizPOS work on all PC-based terminals?

Yes (for IMB brand check the link above)

Jacques

De : "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>