Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bob Kubista <Bo...@First8.nl.INVALID> on 2020/10/08 13:39:54 UTC

embedding maven archetype plugin in a java application

Hello,

I am trying to generate maven projects with an archetype from a java application. However, whilest the archetype works, I cannot seem to generate a new project from the archetype within a java application. I've been looking at how Eclipse IDE does it, but there is a lot of code go wire everything together. Does anyone have any tips?

Kind regards,

Bob Kubista

Re: embedding maven archetype plugin in a java application

Posted by Peter Lamby <de...@peterlamby.de>.
You can take a look at the maven-archetype-plugin:integration-test mojo. This mojo creates a project from an archetype and checks if all expected files are present.

The first half of the plugin should do what you want.

You can also just look at the generate mojo.