Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Honig <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/21 05:52:53 UTC

Thinking ahead to RiA->SOA based applications and Tapestry

I'm seeing that the buzzword architecture of the year is going to be RiA
-> SOA.  With frameworks like Echo, Laszlo and others emerging perhaps
2005 could be the year when we get to see a revolution in the client
side.  To me web interaces are slow moving in progress and using the web
is largely the same experiences it was 3-4 years ago.   So I was
thinking about how well the Tapestry programming model fits in with
these frameworks.  They are component based and so is Tapestry so I
would expect a 1 to 1 mapping.  With this in mind if someone wanted to
start a project to add support for one of these frameworks you should be
able to do so in much the same way that the HTML components integrated.
These would just be additional component libraries that one could choose
from. Is this currently  thought of in the future directions of Tapestry?

Re: Thinking ahead to RiA->SOA based applications and Tapestry

Posted by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com>.
I'm (slowly) moving in this direction, or at least seeing what can be
done integration-wise. There was quite a bit of debate on the list as
to whether this is something that actually *should* be done. If you
search the archives you'll see the flurry of messages.

-warner