Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by gregk <gr...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/06 06:57:57 UTC

SPECjAppServer2004 on Geronimo 1.1

I've used the article at
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/specjappserver2004.html to configure
Geronimo 1.1 for SPECjAppServer2004-1.08, and I get as far as starting up
the driver, where I get the message:

Exception in thread "main" java.rmi.RemoteException: InitialContext failed.
java
x.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class:
org.openejb.client
.RemoteInitialContextFactory [Root exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
: org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory]
        at
org.spec.jappserver.driver.Auditor.getAuditBeans(Auditor.java:121)
        at
org.spec.jappserver.driver.Auditor.validateInitialValues(Auditor.java
:183)
        at org.spec.jappserver.driver.Driver.configure(Driver.java:337)
        at org.spec.jappserver.driver.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:163)
        at org.spec.jappserver.driver.Driver.main(Driver.java:1150)

Any idea what could cause this (or where
org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory is supposed to be located)?

Incidentally, I'm trying to run the entire benchmark on a single system, and
I have followed the instructions to change the RMI port to 1199 as directed,
as well as using the Geronimo servlet container rather than the stand-alone.
All validation checks prior to starting the driver also complete
successfully.

Thanks,
Greg

Posted by mich <mi...@michelrenard.be>.

RE: SPECjAppServer2004 on Geronimo 1.1

Posted by "Udovichenko, Nellya" <ne...@intel.com>.
It's wonderful! Greg, please write if you get the new results of Driver
work.

Regards,
Nellya.

Posted by "Udovichenko, Nellya" <ne...@intel.com>.
Ok. It seems I have found the bug. It works for me.

Please add to CLASSPATH in geronimo.env file ${JAVAX_JAR} and such jars:
server.jar, geronimo-security-1.1.jar and openejb-core-2.1.jar.
Therefore your CLASSPATH looks so:

CLASSPATH=${JAS_HOME}/jars/corp.jar${FS}${JAS_HOME}/jars/mfg.jar${FS}${J
AS_HOME}/jars/orders.jar${FS}${JAS_HOME}/jars/supplier.jar${FS}${JAS_HOM
E}/jars/util.jar${FS}${J2EE_HOME}/bin/server.jar${FS}${JAVAX_JAR}${FS}${
J2EE_HOME}/repository/geronimo/geronimo-security/1.1/geronimo-security-1
.1.jar${FS}${J2EE_HOME}/repository/openejb/openejb-core/2.1/openejb-core
-2.1.jar

Can you start the Driver now?

Regards,
Nellya.

Posted by gregk <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Udovichenko, Nellya" <ne...@intel.com>.
Hello,

Greg, please try to verify the paths to openejb jars and parameter
JNDI_CLASS in geronimo.env file.

And did you add the attribute 'allowHosts' in Geronimo config.xml (see
instruction)?

Regards,
Nellya.