Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/09/06 13:41:00 UTC

[VOTE] uimaj sdk 3.0.0 beta rc2

Here's RC2 for uimaj-sdk 3.0.0-beta.

There are many fixes and improvements since the first rc on 27 April 2017, due
to much testing.

List of changes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA/fixforversion/12339590
36 new Jiras (out of 51) since rc1; to see, sort by key and looke at UIMA-5407
and newer.

The v3 users guide has many updates and corrections.

Maven artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1154

Source and binary zip/tar staged to:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uimaj/3.0.0-beta-rc2/artifacts/

Eclipse update site (no need to download, just use this as the link in Eclipse's
install):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uimaj/3.0.0-beta-rc2/uimaj-v3-pre-production/

SVN tag: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/uimaj-v3/tags/uimaj-3.0.0-beta/

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] uimaj sdk 3.0.0 beta rc2

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
mvn clean install svn tag - OK

mvn clean install source-release - OK

spot checked sigs - OK

spot checked notes and friends - OK

tested plugins in Eclispe Oxygen - OK

problems with compile-level compatibility (see previous mails) - not a
blocker

tested ruta-v3 with staged artefacts - OK

[ X] +1 OK to release

Peter

Re: [VOTE][CANCEL] uimaj sdk 3.0.0 beta rc2

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
cancelling this to address the issues found by Richard and Peter.

Thanks for testing!

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
happy to address all issues you find in testing!  I don't see a benefit in
voting it through early.

Thanks for all the testing - that's just what it needs :-)

-Marshall

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I will be cancelling the vote, but would encourage everyone to post about any
issues and/or difficulties they are finding in this candidate.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Re: [VOTE] uimaj sdk 3.0.0 beta rc2

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
actually, I'm adding this to the FSIteratorImplBase class, so it's just a
regular method.

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

Yes, the newer Iterator/ListIterator stuff will allow some nice
improvements in ruta, I think :-)

The first class that implemented FSIteratorImplBase is
org.apache.uima.ruta.RutaStream.

There is actually no reason now why it has to implement it, and I also
removed it in ruta-v3. The class is on top of my todo list and will be
reimplemented when I find the time. It implemented the iterator for
legacy/historical reasons. The version of textmarker (ruta) before it
was adapted to UIMA used this class as some sort of filtered iterator on
annotations. Therefore I chose to implement the UIMA iterator when I
migrated it to UIMA. (My UIMA knowledge was quite limited in 2007)

The second class is org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.AnnotationListFSIterator.
This class is a mock of an iterator based on a simple list of annotations.

The wildcard rule element operates on an FSIterator in order to identify
the match of the next rule element in order to determine its own match
range. If the next rule element macthes on an a FSArray feature of an
annotation, I need some wrapper class fulfilling the FSIterator
interface based on a list (FSArray). I think I will refactor the code
using the ListIterator interface in future. Right now,
AnnotationListFSIterator implements the remaining methods with a
NotImplementedException.

So, its all fine from the ruta side.

Best,

Peter