Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/29 07:01:14 UTC

Migrating to Kubernetes 0.4.1

Hi Guys,

I am going to migrate our setup to Kubernetes 0.4.1 and also the API
client, if there's any changes needed.

After Kubernetes 0.4.1, K8s team is doing a drastic change by introducing
an IP for a service proxy. With this we might have to do some changes to
the way we access service proxies now. They're still working on
implementing this e2e.

I'll keep you posted.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.

Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Re: Migrating to Kubernetes 0.4.1

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
You can download the released artifact
https://github.com/nirmal070125/vagrant-kubernetes-setup/archive/v2.0.zip

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Great news! Thanks Nirmal!

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Great!! Thanks Nirmal

wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've successfully tested the Kubernetes client with the Kubernetes 0.4.1
> release. And we do not need any changes to the client. As part of this
> effort, I've written a Live test class where you can test the Kubernetes
> client component against a Kubernetes API server and I've currently managed
> to have a code coverage of 65.3%. I'll start a new thread once I'm done
> with the Live tests.
>
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Np, Imesh. I think there's very less if not none, API changes in 0.4.1
>> release. I already have a setup working and will do an e2e test asap.
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Great thanks for the information Nirmal!
>>>
>>> The IP-per-service PR [1] has been merged on 16th October and 0.4.1
>>> release was made on 18th October, therefore I was under the impression that
>>> it was included in 0.4.1 release. Seems like the release tag has been
>>> created from release-0.4 branch and the PR merged to the master.
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/kubernetes/pull/1402
>>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com

>>> --
>>> Imesh Gunaratne