Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by zhoulei <zh...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/08/08 03:30:20 UTC

How to contribute to pdfbox

Hi
&nbsp; &nbsp;I found pdfbox at Github,and then I am using it for creating pdf. And i wonder how can i contribute to pdfbox, tips at Github has no enough infomation for me.&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;I checked the pdfbox project at github, i found it is a mirro, could you please tell me if you will check&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;the issues at github. And if you will accpet pull request at github.
&nbsp; &nbsp;think you.

Re: How to contribute to pdfbox

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 08.08.2022 um 05:30 schrieb zhoulei:
> Hi
> &nbsp; &nbsp;I found pdfbox at Github,and then I am using it for creating pdf. And i wonder how can i contribute to pdfbox, tips at Github has no enough infomation for me.&nbsp;
> &nbsp; &nbsp;I checked the pdfbox project at github, i found it is a mirro, could you please tell me if you will check&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;the issues at github. And if you will accpet pull request at github.
> &nbsp; &nbsp;think you.

We do sometimes get alerts on the PRs but not always. The best is to
propose your diff / patch in JIRA

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX

Try to follow the coding conventions

https://pdfbox.apache.org/codingconventions.html

and start with something small. Avoid making formatting changes, even if
you found parts that don't respect the coding conventions, because this
takes the attention away from your actual changes.

Tilman