Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by matthew mcneely <ma...@bluejourney.com> on 2000/06/08 05:39:31 UTC

element 'ANY' exception in 1.1.1

any word on support for the 'ANY' element?  a 1.1.1 validating dom parser
fails with:

Recoverable error reported: Element type "foo" must be declared.
    public id: null
    system id:
file:/d:/_bostonbit/source/com/bluejourney/schemas/testOperationContainer.xm
    line number: 9
    column number: 9

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Unknown ContentSpecNode.NODE_XXX value
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:931)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.checkContent(XMLValidator.j
ava:2712)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndElement(XMLValidator
.java:814)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:817)
        at
com.bostonbit.tools.xml.DocumentObject.<init>(DocumentObject.java:57)
        at VerifyXML.main(VerifyXML.java:17)

--------

when the relevant .xsd element is:

    <element name="record">
        <complexType>
          <any processContents='skip'/>
        </complexType>
    </element>

--------

and the .xml element is:

  <record>
      <foo>
        <bar>this is a test</bar>
      </foo>
  </record>

thanks,
-matthew

--
matthew mcneely
the boston bit co.

Re: element 'ANY' exception in 1.1.1

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
matthew mcneely wrote:
> any word on support for the 'ANY' element?  a 1.1.1 validating dom parser
> fails with:
> [...]
> when the relevant .xsd element is:
>
>     <element name="record">
>         <complexType>
>           <any processContents='skip'/>
>         </complexType>
>     </element>

ANY for Schema is not implemented, yet. I don't know when it will
be supported, at this time.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org