Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Sam Wilson <nu...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/17 17:20:26 UTC

Is continuum still an active project?

Hi,

I came to the maven site (maven.apache.org) today to download the latest
version of Continuum (setting up a new system at a new site, old site is
working great as far as I know). Anyhow, I found that there is no longer any
link to continuum from the main page and most of the references to the
project have disappeared (in fact, there are exactly 0 references on the
main page).

Is continuum being discontinued by the maven project? Should I go elsewhere
for my maven build server?

sw

Re: Is continuum still an active project?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Continuum is now a top level project at ASF after its graduation.

You'll find it at this address: http://continuum.apache.org

Emmanuel

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <cg...@israfil.net>.
It might be a good idea to still link to the continuum page from the
maven page, even though it's a TLP, since people are used to seeing
the link there, but the link can be done in a way that lets people
know it's now its own project.

Christian.

Posted by Sam Wilson <nu...@gmail.com>.
I appreciate all the replies. I'm glad to hear that my favorite
continuous integration server is still alive and kicking. The fact that
it's made it to a top-level project status is all the better.

I like the idea of still having a link on the maven homepage that
mentions the fact that this project has graduated, though.

I'm not really interested in getting into a digging match to find out
where the links are.

Suffice it to say, I went to maven.apache.org where I would typically
have expected to find a link to continuum and it wasn't there. I used my
browser to search for the word "continuum" and it wasn't found on the page.

It was a bit disconcerting. But, I'm happy to hear that it has moved on
in a good way.

Thanks for the help,

sw