Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@apache.org> on 2020/11/09 10:43:48 UTC

travis failures due to maven.twttr.com outage

Hi everyone,

We have Travis failures for a week because maven.twttr.com does not work.
(See an example at https://api.travis-ci.org/v3/job/741385934/log.txt.) The
funny part is we should not depend on that repo and the artifact failing to
be downloaded is not in our dependency tree. (See my fix from last year at
https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/commit/d1190abee3ff1f1183757f7e400d7b9b4025d95b
.)

Any idea what causes these issues and how to fix them?

Cheers,
Gabor

Re: travis failures due to maven.twttr.com outage

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi everyone,

So, the issue seems to be the same as in PARQUET-1691
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-1691> we already resolved.
What I do not understand is why we did not discover that the solution is
not complete. Anyway, created the other jira PARQUET-1944
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-1944> to track the current
issue and initiated the related pull request.

Cheers,
Gabor