Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2002/10/08 10:22:42 UTC

Plz Help can't get xindice and cocoon2 to work in tandem

Hi there Please could anyone confirm if they have xindice server running
on anything other than http://localhost:4080
as i have (xindice server ) mine running on domain name
http://madder.breconbeacons.org albiet in the address bar it's my
ipAddresss example
http://172.11.11.11:4080/  thus get the xindice welcome page and cocoon
2 .Yet again both domain name and numerical ipAddress get both
respective welcome pages but don't work in tandem. I have even created
an Index but still no joy resource not found
Collection No IndexManager what the hell is that as I can't locate in
the Admin.,dev or user guide for xindice.

Please shed some light thanx

--
Regards
Chuck Robert Amadi

Before you criticize someone,
you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them,
you're a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Re: Plz Help can't get xindice and cocoon2 to work in tandem

Posted by KOZLOV Roman <r-...@opencascade.com>.
Sorry, please, read "collections without documents (containing subcollections
only)" instead of "empty collections".

Roman

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
KOZLOV Roman wrote:

>We had the same error message on one site for empty collections. However we
>succeeded in requests for non-empty collections (all via cocoon). The reason
>of errors is not clear. We had "localhost" reference in the sitemap.
>
>Roman
>
>Chuck Amadi wrote:
>
>>Hi there Please could anyone confirm if they have xindice server running
>>on anything other than http://localhost:4080
>>as i have (xindice server ) mine running on domain name
>>http://madder.breconbeacons.org albiet in the address bar it's my
>>ipAddresss example
>>http://172.11.11.11:4080/  thus get the xindice welcome page and cocoon
>>2 .Yet again both domain name and numerical ipAddress get both
>>respective welcome pages but don't work in tandem. I have even created
>>an Index but still no joy resource not found
>>Collection No IndexManager what the hell is that as I can't locate in
>>the Admin.,dev or user guide for xindice.
>>
>>Please shed some light thanx
>>
>>--
>>Regards
>>Chuck Robert Amadi
>>ICT Dept Systems Programmer.
>>Rhaglenydd Systemau Adran ICT.
>>Power too deliver.
>>Y gallu i y Dosbarthu.
>>
>>Before you criticize someone,
>>you should walk a mile in their shoes.
>>That way, when you criticize them,
>>you're a mile away, and you have their shoes.

I have checked mine is my numerical ipAddress ie 172.11.11.11 in my
sitemap.xmap in cocoon - I haven't made any config changes to xindice.

Posted by KOZLOV Roman <r-...@opencascade.com>.