Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Andy the destroyer <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/15 02:05:53 UTC

Is anyone going to the BASE meeting at LinkedIn tonight?

Hello All,

I would like to meet up with someone tonight for a couple of minutes in
person to go over some clarifications regarding the code. If anyone is
going, I will be the tall red head with the kick ass white boots. If not..
no biggie.

Until then,
Andrew

Re: Is anyone going to the BASE meeting at LinkedIn tonight?

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
On 15. juli. 2009, at 19.11, Andy the destroyer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I went and it was pretty good, although the traffic getting there was
> horrible. Yes, I saw Michael there but didn't ask him because I
> didn't think
> he was part of ESME because I haven't seen his email or name on the
> list or
> JIRA. Its fine, is just sometimes nice to speak and ask questions
> face to
> face when the opportunity arises.

I am not sure Michael is on the mail list, I don't think so at least.
All the communication I have had with him so far has been via twitter.

> I only wanted to go over a couple of things. There are almost no
> comments in
> the source and stepping though multi threaded apps with a debugger
> isn't too
> easy. Picking the best spots to gather stats without peppering the
> whole
> codebase has been a bit challenging because there is so much
> recursive-like
> ( I know that is a bad description ) message passing and no comments
> indicate how classes/methods/traits etc. should and are being used.
> However,
> I am coming along and have some code written. I will be uploading it
> soon. I
> keep getting sidetracked with work emergencies.

The documentation of the excisting Scala code is also a Jira task
already, so definitely on our to-do list as Vassil also said.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-59
If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to post
them here.

/Anne

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.
> I went and it was pretty good, although the traffic getting there was
> horrible. Yes, I saw Michael there but didn't ask him because I didn't think
> he was part of ESME because I haven't seen his email or name on the list or
> JIRA. Its fine, is just sometimes nice to speak and ask questions face to
> face when the opportunity arises.

Surprisingly, there are places other than San Francisco where people
work with Scala ;-) The ESME team, though small, is spread around the
world.

> I only wanted to go over a couple of things. There are almost no comments in
> the source and stepping though multi threaded apps with a debugger isn't too
> easy. Picking the best spots to gather stats without peppering the whole
> codebase has been a bit challenging because there is so much recursive-like
> ( I know that is a bad description ) message passing and no comments to
> indicate how classes/methods/traits etc. should and are being used. However,
> I am coming along and have some code written. I will be uploading it soon. I
> keep getting sidetracked with work emergencies.

As soon as we have something decent to show with ESME, I'll focus on
documentation- I promise. I'm almost finished with the feature set I
personally want to see in the upcoming (hopefully soon) release.

Re: Is anyone going to the BASE meeting at LinkedIn tonight?

Posted by Andy the destroyer <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,