Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Chuck Tomasi <ch...@plexus.com> on 1998/02/06 17:59:41 UTC

os-solaris/1779: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found: _thr_main: referenced in /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1

>Number:         1779
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found: _thr_main: referenced in /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Did a default build, changing compiler to gcc.  Also had to modify the Makefile
after Configure was run to include -ldl and -lintl at the end of LIBS1 (after
-lpthread).  Compilation went without any problem, but execution is giving the
message:

ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found: _thr_main: referenced in /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1

I used nm and found the symbol in that library.  This is my first undertaking of
Apache on Solaris.  Other OS installations (using Apache 1.2*) have all been
no-brainers.
>How-To-Repeat:
GCC with Solaris 2.5.1 should do it.
>Fix: