Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi> on 2008/12/02 16:51:25 UTC

How about removing the timestamps from the snapshot builds?

Hello,

Would it be OK if the snapshots built by TeamCity would
always just have SNAPSHOT as the version, without the
timestamp that they currently have

  http://www.wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/org/apache/wicket/wicket/1.4-SNAPSHOT/

I think that Buildr probably doesn't recognise the timestamped
versions but just gets the ones without the timestamp in the
version number, dating from 30 June. And probably the old
snapshots aren't worth filling the disk with them either.

And if this is OK, who could do it?

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Re: How about removing the timestamps from the snapshot builds?

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Tue, 02 Dec 2008, Timo Rantalaiho wrote:
> I think that Buildr probably doesn't recognise the timestamped
> versions but just gets the ones without the timestamp in the
> version number, dating from 30 June. And probably the old
> snapshots aren't worth filling the disk with them either.

Hmm... After looking at it more closely, Buildr would probably
use the timestamped versions, if the non-timestamped versions
would not be around :)

So could these be removed please?

  http://www.wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/org/apache/wicket/wicket/1.4-SNAPSHOT/wicket-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar

etc