Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/10/07 16:27:09 UTC

Re: [m2] repository deploy + site:deploy not working for me

(using mac os x tiger)

I've changed over to using key authent and I still get the same
problem, ie an inexplicable
hang when I deploy to repos. I know my credentials are fine because I
can use them to do the job
manually.

So as an experiment I downloaded the latest maven HEAD just to be
sure I've got
all the latest bugfixes - and bugs - and tried to use site:deploy
which I would
imagine used very similar code. I added the following entry to my pom:

         <distributionManagement>
                 <site>
                         <id>agwilliams1000</id>
                         <url>scp://agwilliams1000.dyndns.org/Users/
ashley/Webroot/</url>
                 </site>
         </distributionManagement>

and when I ran site:site site:deploy I got the following output:

         ~/projects/xjc-plugin-aw ashley> sudo m2 site:deploy
         [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'site'.
         [INFO]
----
         [INFO] Building xjc
         [INFO]    task-segment: [site:deploy]
         [INFO]
----
         [INFO] [site:deploy]
         Executing command:  mkdir -p /Users/ashley/Webroot/
         Executing command: mkdir -p /Users/ashley/Webroot//

         Executing command: scp -t /Users/ashley/Webroot//site49411.zip

and it's still there now as I type trying to do the scp!! Also the
fact that a directory
was created seems to confirm that my credentials are being used
correctly. In
fact I don't think it's hanging, I believe this strange scp -t option
is waiting for
further input - I couldn't even find anything on google that told me
what -t was.

A minor issue is that adding the trailing slash in my url didn't
cause the plugin
to create a subdirectory in Webroot with my artifact name, but
instead from the output
it tried to create Webroot//

Any help at all would be great as I'm sure the site:deploy and m2
deploy problems
are related.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 10/8/05, Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> wrote:
> Tricky to try out sftp, but will do so as soon as my build stops
> failing -
> artifact downloads are currently being truncated to 64k from my apache
> server.

note that sftp:// is the ssh2 version, not the other one (it's
confusing). So it should work with a normal sshd.

Another option is scpexe which forks your scp executable from the path
(this requires an extensions element with
o.a.m.wagon:wagon-ssh-external).

> Interesting info about the scp -t option since my client and server are
> on the same machine (only have the one), but this hasn't made a
> difference before. In fact I've just checked and I can scp files ok by
> hand, although I don't use that -t option.

Yes, it isn't aware of that, it still opens a channel on localhost:22
and then execs scp -t to copy the file onto the open channel.

Of course, if you are on localhost, why not use file:// ?

> Not been a terribly successful foray into setting up a repository so
> far...
>
> (can only get better)

Hope so!

- Brett

Re: [m2] repository deploy + site:deploy not working for me

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi, this happened to me too on my previous machine (haven't tried on
this one yet). Happened with m1 as well...

Here too, the dir on the server was created, and the logs don't tell
much. I'll give it another try in a few days on this machine.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.