Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chris Pat <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/06 16:42:23 UTC

caching and reload

Hello
Is/how it possible to clear the cache on an action?  My action works perfectly, however when the user hits reload the previous values are repeated.  I have coded a reset with ="" and still it uses the old values.  What am I missing?  I will trap the null or "" values in the action(I know I should do it in validation, but it is a case of jgid, grin).  I really need to truly reset the values either fed to the action class or somewhere cached by the framework for the action class.  tia.

Re: THEMES AND TEMPLATES

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Juan Espinosa wrote:
> Hi is there any theme repository ??? I want to change my theme, like putting
> the field errors in red, in the right of the component (field) who cause the
> error...

I'm not sure what you mean by a theme repository, but documentation on
customizing Struts 2 themes and templates is here:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/themes-and-templates.html

For simple tweaks like changing colours, you can use plain ol' CSS. For
more extensive changes, you'll want a customized theme.

L.

THEMES AND TEMPLATES

Posted by Juan Espinosa <pc...@adinet.com.uy>.
Hi is there any theme repository ??? I want to change my theme, like putting
the field errors in red, in the right of the component (field) who cause the
error...

Regards

	Juan Espinosa

22:59

Re: caching and reload

Posted by st...@gmail.com.
Are you talking about reset in a Struts form?  Make sure the bean is scoped
to request.

On 4/6/07, Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> wrote:

> Chris Pat wrote:
> > Hello
> > Is/how it possible to clear the cache on an action?
> > My action works perfectly, however when the user hits reload
> > the previous values are repeated.
>
> I'm not sure what cache you're talking about, but isn't this behaviour
> as you would expect? If I refresh a page, I expect to see the same
> response as I got when I loaded it the first time.
>
> > I have coded a reset with ="" and still it uses the old values.
> > What am I missing?  I will trap the null or "" values in the
> > action(I know I should do it in validation, but it is a case of
> > jgid, grin).  I really need to truly reset the values either fed
> > to the action class or somewhere cached by the framework for the
> > action class.  tia.
>
> Coded a reset where? I think you need to post some code and
> configuration samples to illustrate exactly what you are doing, and
> describe in more detail how the resulting behaviour differs from what
> you expect.
>
> L.

Scott
stanlick@gmail.com