Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steven Stern <su...@sterndata.com> on 2004/08/19 22:18:15 UTC

subject not changed if original was blank

I've noticed that with SA 2.63/2.64, the subject line of a message properly
gets "** SPAM **" added UNLESS the original message had a blank subject. In
that case, the message comes through with no subject, although the original
message is converted to an attachment, the spam reasons are displayed, etc.

Is this still an issue in 3.x?  Is it worth my putting in as a bug?
--
   Steve

Re: subject not changed if original was blank

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 03:18:15PM -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> I've noticed that with SA 2.63/2.64, the subject line of a message properly
> gets "** SPAM **" added UNLESS the original message had a blank subject. In
> that case, the message comes through with no subject, although the original
> message is converted to an attachment, the spam reasons are displayed, etc.

This works fine for me in 2.64 in report_safe 0 and 1.

> Is this still an issue in 3.x?  Is it worth my putting in as a bug?

It works for me in 2.6x and 3.x.  If you want to test 3.0 yourself and
can reproduce the issue, feel free to open a ticket.  We're not going
to be doing any more 2.6x releases though, so there's no point if it's
not reproducable in 3.0.

Note: You specified "a blank subject", which is different than "no subject
header".  "Subject:" is what I tested per your comment.  Having no header,
however, is slightly different.  In 2.64, a Subject header will be added
and rewritten no matter what.  In 3.0, a Subject header is added for
report_safe 1, but not report_safe 0 (it's a header rewrite only).

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I don't want to go back to using Windows...  It may be pretty, and easy, but