Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net> on 2014/02/05 11:46:34 UTC

Re: next UIMA workshop?

We have been asked to merge our workshop with a similar one focusing on
"open infrastructures".  The result is a "Workshop on Open
Infrastructures and Analysis Frameworks for HLT".

We will now start to build a common CFP from the two proposals.  All
contributions are welcome:
https://github.com/jgrivolla/coling2014-nlp-framework-workshop/blob/master/cfp.md

-- Jens

On 19/01/14 15:40, Jens Grivolla wrote:
> I have sent the proposal, we'll see what they say...
>
> -- Jens
>
> On 17/01/14 15:02, Jens Grivolla wrote:
>> On 15/01/14 20:51, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
>>
>> GATE developer Mark A. Greenwood did the rewrite and sent me a pull
>> request on Github.
>>
>>> For example, the topic "experience reports combining UIMA-based
>>> components from different sources, as well as solutions to
>>> interoperability issues" could be reworded as:
>>>
>>> 1) experience reports combining language analysis components from
>>> different sources, as well as solutions to interoperability issues
>>>
>>> 2) experience reports combining different frameworks (e.g.
>>> GATE/UIMA/WebLicht/etc.), as well as solutions to interoperability

Re: next UIMA workshop?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 4/9/2014 12:15 PM, Jens Grivolla wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/26/2014 9:44 AM, Jens Grivolla wrote:
>>> Finally, despite the fact that UIMA does not appear in the title anymore,
>>> would it be possible to have an announcement on the UIMA web page?
>> I think so (unless others disagree).  Can you draft something?
>>
> I tried to prepare a draft for svnpubsub to see how it fits with the UIMA
> site (without linking to it at first, of course), and created
> uima-website/xdocs/coling14.xml
> It then seems that I need to rebuild the site on my machine with ANT and
> push the resulting changes in docs/, which I did.  The resulting page can
> be seen at http://uima.apache.org/coling14.html and looks more or less ok.
>
> I hope I didn't do anything wrong by committing directly to the site, but I
> didn't find a good way to try it in the actual page layout and show the
> results otherwise. In any case it's not linked from anywhere and shouldn't
> affect any other parts of the site.
Seems fine to me :-).  Please see about linking to it (perhaps from News and the
left-hand nav bar under Events and Conferences).  Thanks!  -Marshall

Re: next UIMA workshop?

Posted by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>.

Re: next UIMA workshop?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 3/26/2014 9:44 AM, Jens Grivolla wrote:
> Hi all, I have just posted the (more or less) final CFP on uima-user and
> uima-dev.
>
> Feel free to distribute the CFP to anybody you think would be interested.
> While this has been merged with a different workshop and thus has a somewhat
> wider scope than just UIMA, I still view this as a followup to the the UIMA
> workshop at GSCL and would hope to have similarly interesting contributions
> from the UIMA community.
>
> If you are a PC member, or willing to be one, please contact me off-list with
> the email address and affiliation that you would like me to use for this purpose.
>
> Finally, despite the fact that UIMA does not appear in the title anymore,
> would it be possible to have an announcement on the UIMA web page?

I think so (unless others disagree).  Can you draft something?

-Marshall

Re: next UIMA workshop?

Posted by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>.