Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/19 15:41:25 UTC

Include ANT_HOME location in "ant -version" ?

In context of this[1] and many similar questions/confusion previously, I
am wondering if our "ant -version" output should even include, a line in
the output, the location which is used as ANT_HOME? That will probably
make it clearer and easy to understand where it's being printed from.
Any thoughts?

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/user@ant.apache.org/msg42757.html

-Jaikiran

Re: Include ANT_HOME location in "ant -version" ?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2018-04-19, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> In context of this[1] and many similar questions/confusion previously,
> I am wondering if our "ant -version" output should even include, a
> line in the output, the location which is used as ANT_HOME?

I'd prefer -diagnostics for that.

Stefan

Re: Include ANT_HOME location in "ant -version" ?

Posted by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>.
We ought to update the manual (in particular [1]) and make [2] (especially
"ant -diagnostics") much more prominent.

Gintas

[1] https://ant.apache.org/manual/feedback.html
[2] https://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#Troubleshooting