Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by he...@dnbnor.no on 2006/06/28 12:18:16 UTC

Executing mojo without a pom.

Hi

As part of a an initial project setup, I want to execute a mojo that I have written (sort of like archetyep:create). At this stage the pom is not available, so I was wondering how to specify that the mojo does not require a pom.

Hermod

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB NOR cannot
accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.

Re: Executing mojo without a pom.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 28 Jun 06, at 11:18 AM 28 Jun 06, <he...@dnbnor.no>
<he...@dnbnor.no> wrote:

> Hi
>
> As part of a an initial project setup, I want to execute a mojo
> that I have written (sort of like archetyep:create). At this stage
> the pom is not available, so I was wondering how to specify that
> the mojo does not require a pom.

By default a Mojo does not require a POM. You must specify when your
Mojo needs a maven project you enforce that by using the
@requiresProject in your Mojo. When Maven inspects the metadata for a
plugin before executing a Mojo (DefaultPluginManager) it will check
this flag and throw an exception if there is no pom.xml file present.
But by default you don't need a pom.xml file to have your Mojo execute.

Jason.

> Hermod
>

> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> * * * *
>
> This email with attachments is solely for the use of the individual or
> entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB NOR
> cannot
> accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
> customers as a part of an email.
>
> This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus
> programs used
> in the DnB NOR Group.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org