Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/18 19:44:52 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1159270 - in /incubator/opennlp/trunk/opennlp-tools/src: main/java/opennlp/tools/chunker/ main/java/opennlp/tools/cmdline/ main/java/opennlp/tools/cmdline/chunker/ main/java/opennlp/tools/cmdline/namefind/ main/java/opennlp/tools/cmdline/p...

On 8/18/11 5:00 PM, colen@apache.org wrote:
>     /**
> -   * Evaluates the given reference object.
> -   *
> +   * Evaluates the given reference sample object.
> +   *
>      * The implementation has to update the score after every invocation.
>      *
> -   * @param sample the sample to be evaluated
> +   * @param reference the reference sample.
> +   *
> +   * @return the predicted sample
>      */
> -  public abstract void evaluateSample(T sample);
> +  public T processSample(T reference) {
> +    // should be overridden by subclass... in the future we will make it abstract.
> +    return null;
> +  }

Thats the processSample method in the Evaluator, it should be protected,
since a client
should really call evaluateSample. And then all the implementations
should also be protected.

Wait a little before you check-in that change, I might have more things ...

Jörn