Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/14 04:19:40 UTC

[Axis2] Typed Stax support for ADB(?)

Folks,

Anyone interested with Typed Stax ("ability to efficiently read and
write primitive datatypes, such as integer and floating point numbers,
boolean values and dates."), please join the stax_builders mailing
list.

thanks,
dims

Re: [Axis2] Typed Stax support for ADB(?)

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Glen Daniels wrote:

> Just a quick comment - this shouldn't be surprising at all, esp. in this
> day and age. :)  I moderate the soapbuilders Yahoo group, and I can tell
> you from experience that if you leave subscription open nowadays, you
> will get hundreds of automated spammer "members" whose only purpose is
> to send spam to the group (many groups are configured for member-only
> postings), and clutter the "links" and "files" sections with porn or
> advertisements. :(  Moderation is also useful if you have any kind of
> licensing/IP issues for groups that are creating IP.

Ah ok .. understood. (Not the bit about IP for "open standards" but that's
a whole different can of worms ;-) .. esp. these days in the ASF!)

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: [Axis2] Typed Stax support for ADB(?)

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Glen Daniels wrote:
> Hi Sanjiva:
>
> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
>> I sent a subscription request .. but apparently membership is not
>> open but has to be approved by the moderator. Surprising in this day
>> and age IMO but anyway I hope I'll be allowed in.
>
> Just a quick comment - this shouldn't be surprising at all, esp. in
> this day and age. :)  I moderate the soapbuilders Yahoo group, and I
> can tell you from experience that if you leave subscription open
> nowadays, you will get hundreds of automated spammer "members" whose
> only purpose is to send spam to the group (many groups are configured
> for member-only postings), and clutter the "links" and "files"
> sections with porn or advertisements. :(
unfortunately it is very much true for stax_builders (as i am moderator
i can see some of it still even after yahoo filters most of spam)
moreover when membership request comes to me that has no comment i do
not approve because you can not know if this is really somebody
interested in stax or just more sophisticated spam bot - dark side of
"flat world" :-(

best,

alek

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Sanjiva:

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Sanjiva:

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
I can see this...

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/archive/java/scratch/priyanga_sanjiva/

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: [Axis2] Typed Stax support for ADB(?)

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.