Can't find logs in YARN

I have this map function that is printing something to the system
output, but I can't find the output.

Where YARN prints the logs of the function of map and reduce defined by
the user?

|public static class TokenizerMapper
     extends Mapper<Object, Text, Text, IntWritable>{

         private final static IntWritable one = new IntWritable(1);
         private Text word = new Text();

         public void map(Object key, Text value, Context context
                 ) throws IOException, InterruptedException {
             System.out.println(value.toString());
             StringTokenizer itr = new StringTokenizer(value.toString());
             while (itr.hasMoreTokens()) {
                 word.set(itr.nextToken());
                 context.write(word, one);
             }
         }
     }

​

Re: Can't find logs in YARN

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
All logs (including stdout/stderr) should be accessible from the web-UI. You should navigate to the YARN web application and then to the MapReduce specific pages from there.

+Vinod

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Can't find logs in YARN

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Can't find logs in YARN

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Can't find logs in YARN

Posted by Ray Chiang <rc...@cloudera.com>.
If you go to the RM UI (usually at http://<RM Machine>:8088/), then you can
see the list of jobs run, click on the History link for your job run, then
the Map link (the Map and Reduce entries won't necessarily look like links,
but they are), then you can look at the logs for each specific task.

-Ray

Re: Can't find logs in YARN

Posted by Ray Chiang <rc...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Can't find logs in YARN