Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Suhas Subramanya <ss...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/25 17:50:09 UTC

Request Help: Tomcat and Quad core processor

Hello,

I need your help and advice in resolving the following SocketException error
I am getting from the catalina.log file.

Apr 14, 2008 8:05:54 AM org.apache.jk.core.MsgContext action
WARNING: Error sending end packet
java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write
error
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.send(ChannelSocket.java:518)
    at org.apache.jk.common.JkInputStream.endMessage(JkInputStream.java:112)
    at org.apache.jk.core.MsgContext.action(MsgContext.java:293)
    at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(Response.java:182)
    at org.apache.coyote.Response.finish(Response.java:304)
    at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:204)
    at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
    at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)
    at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:684)
    at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876)
    at
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The specifications of the server is:
Dell 2950, 4GB 667 MHz (4x1GB) RAM, Dual Quad Core Xeon Processor,
Windows 2003, IIS 6.0, JDK 1.5.07, Tomcat 5.5.17, ISAPI Redirector 1.2.14

I have another test server on the same subnet with the same specifications
mentioned above except that it has Dual Single Core processor. This server
has no problem.

Please let me know how this issue can be resolved.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Subram

Re: Request Help: Tomcat and Quad core processor

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Mark Thomas" <ma...@apache.org> wrote in message
> Suhas Subramanya wrote:
>> Please let me know how this issue can be resolved.
>
> Tell your users not to click on the stop button whilst waiting for their
> page to appear.

That one should probably be moved down to DEBUG.  It is caused by mod_jk
being over-aggressive in recycling connections and/or the browser closing
the connection once all of the content has been sent.  I'll take this one.

Posted by Suhas Subramanya <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mark,

I confirmed that the users do not click on any of the buttons (stop,
refresh, back etc) before the page gets loaded on the browser. The users
have occasionally received the following message on the browser.
"Software caused connection abort: recv failed"

Thank you.
Suhas

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.