Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ron Chan <rc...@i-tao.com> on 2010/10/13 09:20:15 UTC

multicore defaultCoreName not working

Hello

I have this in my solr.xml

<solr persistent="true" sharedLib="lib">
  <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" defaultCoreName="live">
    <core name="live" instanceDir="core0" />
    <core name="staging" instanceDir="core1" />
  </cores>
</solr>

admin is working and the individual cores are working through

http://localhost:8080/solr/live/select/?q=abc
and
http://localhost:8080/solr/staging/select/?q=abc

returning the correct results from the right core

however, I wanted to keep the existing single core URLs and thought that the defaultCoreName attribute does this

i.e.
http://localhost:8080/solr/select/?q=abc

should give me the "live" core

but it gives me "Missing core name in path"

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks
Ron

Re: multicore defaultCoreName not working

Posted by Ron Chan <rc...@i-tao.com>.
that explains it then, using 1.4.1

thanks for that
Ron

I believe this is only available on trunk, not even on 1.4.1 (SOLR-1722). Also, watch out for SOLR-2127 bug, haven't gotten around to creating a patch yet...

Ephraim Ofir

Posted by Ephraim Ofir <Ep...@icq.com>.