Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Weaver, Scott" <Sw...@rippe.com> on 2002/05/02 17:02:03 UTC

Is Turbine 2.2's RunData compatible with fulcrums security servic e?

Turbine's current RunData getUser and setUser methods are focused on using
o.a.turbine.om.security.User.  This causes problems when trying to use
fulcrum's security service.  Are there any work-arounds for this our will I
have to continue to use turbines security service impl instead of fulcrum's
for the time being?

thanks,
scott

Re: Is Turbine 2.2's RunData compatible with fulcrums security servic e?

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.
On Thursday, May 2, 2002, at 09:02  AM, Weaver, Scott wrote:

> Turbine's current RunData getUser and setUser methods are focused on
> using
> o.a.turbine.om.security.User.  This causes problems when trying to use
> fulcrum's security service.  Are there any work-arounds for this our
> will I
> have to continue to use turbines security service impl instead of
> fulcrum's
> for the time being?

Scott,
I am not aware of any known workarounds, so I think
you're stuck with the old security service.

Jason was working on a branch of the turbine-3
repository named 'rundata_security_changes'.  You might
take a look at that.

If you find a way to fix it, please send us a patch.
8^)
-Eric