Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ht...@karsites.net on 2005/12/29 16:48:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Filename Access

Hi all.

When I setup a directory to forbid access to it, and to the
files in the directory, I can still retrieve a file's
contents if I know the full file name.

Is this normal behaviour - or can I block access to these
unlisted files somehow?

Regards - Keith

Re: [users@httpd] Filename Access

Posted by ht...@karsites.net.
I'm wondering if that could be the problem. Should it be
possible to stop files being served by the server with the
config I showed?

If so there must be some conflicts somewhere in my config
files.

Keith

Posted by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>.

On 12/29/05 1:31 PM, "httpd2@karsites.net" <ht...@karsites.net> wrote:

> Hi Sean.
>
> I'm usiing Apache 2 on SuSE Linux 9.2 pro.
>
> The config is split over many different files.
>
> I include my own custom config file that has different
> directory settings, such as:
>

> <Directory /srv/www/htdocs/KAR/websites/test/PHP>
>     Options None
>     Order deny,allow
>     Deny from all
>     <Files *.php>
>         Order deny,allow
>         Deny from all
>     </Files>
> </Directory>
>
> But I can still access a php file called get_vars.php
> in the forbidden directory that displays the content of the
> $_SERVER array:
>
> <?php
> echo "<br />contents of \$_SERVER[] <br />";
> while(list($key, $value) = each($_SERVER))
>    {
>    echo "$key => $value <br />";
>    }
> ?>

I'm not an apache expert, so I might be missing an obvious problem with your
config file, but it looks OK at first glance.  Since you say that you have a

Posted by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>.

On 12/29/05 10:48 AM, "httpd2@karsites.net" <ht...@karsites.net> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> When I setup a directory to forbid access to it, and to the
> files in the directory, I can still retrieve a file's
> contents if I know the full file name.
>
> Is this normal behaviour - or can I block access to these
> unlisted files somehow?

Keith,