Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Yuan, Bill" <xi...@wamu.net> on 2006/07/25 22:43:31 UTC

issue with setting up M1 POM URL

Hi there,

Please help me on the following issue:

I installed Continuum 1-0-3 on my local machine, and our project is
managed by Perforce on another server. My problem is: On the web
interface of Continuum
(http://localhost:8080/continuum/servlet/continuum), I clicked "Add
Maven 1.x project", however, whatever M1 POM URL I gave, I got the error
saying "[ You must provide a valid url (http, https, ftp and file
protocols are allowed) ]". For example, I gave one URL string as
ftp:///C:/p4/WS_u208479_AIS/EAI_weblogic/uia2_5.0/project.xml and got
the error mentioned earlier.

Could anybody help me on what the M1 POM URL would be?  One note is that
our project includes a bunch of subprojects, meaning I can't use the
"Upload" POM function

Thanks,

Bill (Xinxue) Yuan
Retail Bank Services and Systems
Application Architectur/Integration
Washington Mutual
847.393.5382 Office
847.903.4548 Mobile
340 N. Milwaukee Ave., VHF4A01, Vernon Hills, IL 60061

RE: issue with setting up M1 POM URL

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.

Bill, I'm not strictly familiar with the maven POM URL format, but the
"file:" protocol with a DOS path should look like this:

  file://C:/p4/WS_u208479_AIS/EAI_weblogic/uia2_5.0/project.xml

It should have 2 slashes before the disk letter, and use all forward
slashes.

Posted by "Yuan, Bill" <xi...@wamu.net>.
Arnaud and any other experts,

I still have problem with adding our Maven 1.x project to Continuum. Let
me restate our problem again:

I am experimenting Continuum on my local machine, with the Continuum
1-0-3 installed. Our project's version control is managed by Perforce
which is running on a server. Our project itself is managed by Maven
1.x.

Since our project contains multiple sub-projects, and in our main
"project.xml" it extends some other "project.xml" files, I encountered
the error on Continuum's web tool when trying the option of "upload POM"
from my local machine, with the error messages as,

	- Continuum Error
		Cannot use a POM with an 'extend' element.
	- Check the logs for more details.
		groupId is null.
	- Check the logs for more details.

Seems like we have to use the "M1 POM URL" option instead. However, I
tried various URL format (I could only use FILE protocol), like,

file:///C:\p4\WS_u208479_AIS\EAI_weblogic\uia2_5.0\project.xml

fill:///C:/p4/WS_u208479_AIS/EAI_weblogic/uia2_5.0/project.xml<ftp:///c:
/p4/WS_u208479_AIS/EAI_weblogic/uia2_5.0/project.xml>

but always got the error message saying "[ You must provide a valid url
(http, https, ftp and file protocols are allowed) ]"

Please share with me any of your advises and instructions.

Thanks,

- Bill

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
There's no jar to update.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
If your POM isn't on a web server but on your local disk, you have to define
something like :

fille://C:/p4/WS_u208479_AIS/EAI_weblogic/uia2_5.0/project.xml<ftp://c/p4/WS_u208479_AIS/EAI_weblogic/uia2_5.0/project.xml>