Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/11/04 23:27:04 UTC

how to update the Cocoon website (Was: Promoting ApacheCon)

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Torsten Curdt a ?crit :
> >Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >
> >>Our web site does currently provide no sign of the upcoming ApacheCon
> >>in
> >>December. Can someone please add the logo there?
> >
> >Hmm... I did add it directly to the site and Bertrand
> >committed the change - where is it gone?...
>
> I've restored the ApacheCon logo, it was lost when Vadim regenerated
> the site.

Yes, and it will happen again next time the
top-level site is regenerated.

> I'm a bit lost about how we handle this index.html page, is it meant to
> be generated? Anyway it's ok now, synced on
> people.apache.org:/www/cocoon.apache.org, should be online in a few
> hours.

The whole top-level site is described here.
[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate
... same as it has always been.

Yesterday i upgraded that to use forrest_07.

Look at the automated production here.
http://forrest.zones.apache.org/
See "cocoon-site".

I will do the update of the top-level site on Monday
(away for the weekend) unless someone beats me to it.

I left the instructions at [1] for 2.1 alone, as i don't
quite understand what is happening for that.

-David

Re: how to update the Cocoon website (Was: Promoting ApacheCon)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 4 nov. 05, à 23:27, David Crossley a écrit :

> ...The whole top-level site is described here.
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate
> ... same as it has always been...

Of course, I should have known that. My confusion came from the removal
of xdocs in the 2.1 branch - I have added some info to that
CocoonWebsiteUpdate page, about where the content comes from.

I'm not sure if this information is elsewhere, but that page (maybe
moved to Daisy) should be kept up to date with all the info about
website generation, as I'm afraid many of us are lost as to where
things need to be maintained.

-Bertrand