Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Martin <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/09/30 20:10:49 UTC

Logging

Hi,

there are different logging frameworks used in archiva (log4j2) and redback
(slf4j).

I use slf4j not very frequently. Where can I change the logging (especially
for testing) of the redback components. I didn't find the config file.

Doesn't it make sense to switch all to log4j2 and use the slf4j layer (so wie
do not have to change the code in one). Or are there special reasons that
prevents the move to log4j2?

Greetings

Martin

Re: Logging

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
On 2 October 2016 at 06:21, Martin <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Ok, I think I understand now.
> For redback, the slf4j-simple dependencies are only in test scope, and the
> slf4j api is a dependency in the standard scope.
>
> There is one project in redback that uses the log4j2-slf4j-Binding (log4j-
> slf4j-simple) and not the slf4j-simple dependency in the test scope
> (redback-
> rest-services). Are there reasons against doing this? I would like to do
> the
> same in the jpa projects.

No real reasons.
Feel free to change that if you prefer!