Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Rishi Shah <ri...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/29 16:30:25 UTC

Re: [Pyspark 2.3+] Timeseries with Spark

Hi All,

Checking in to see if anyone had input around time series libraries using
Spark. I in interested in financial forecasting model & regression mainly
at this  point. Input is a bunch of pricing data points.

I have read a lot of spark-timeseries and flint libraries but I am not sure
of the best way/use cases to use these libraries for or if there's any
other preferred way of tackling time series problems at scale.

Thanks,
-Shraddha

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 9:17 AM Rishi Shah <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jorn. I am interested in timeseries forecasting for now but in
> general I was unable to find a good way to work with different time series
> methods using spark..
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 1:55 AM Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Time series can mean a lot of different things and algorithms. Can you
>> describe more what you mean by time series use case, ie what is the input,
>> what do you like to do with the input and what is the output?
>>
>> > Am 14.06.2019 um 06:01 schrieb Rishi Shah <ri...@gmail.com>:
>> >
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I have a time series use case which I would like to implement in
>> Spark... What would be the best way to do so? Any built in libraries?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Rishi Shah
>>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Rishi Shah

Rishi Shah

Re: [Pyspark 2.3+] Timeseries with Spark

Posted by Masood Krohy <ma...@analytical.works>.
Hi Rishi,

Spark and Flint are useful during the data engineering phase, but you'd
need to look elsewhere after that. I'm not aware of any active
Spark-native project to do ML/forecast on time series data.

If the data that you want to train the model on can fit in one node's
memory, you can use libs and models like ARIMA, Prophet, or LSTM-based
NN to train a model and use them for forecasting. You can then use Spark
to parallelize the grid search over the space of hyperparameters to get
the optimal model faster, as the grid search would be a
perfectly-parallel job (a.k.a, embarrassingly parallel). I gave a talk
on this which you may find useful:
https://www.analytical.works/Talk-spark-ml.html

Masood

Masood Krohy, Ph.D.