Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trevor Harmon <tr...@vocaro.com> on 2009/03/25 18:34:33 UTC

archetype:generate gives "Desired archetype does not exist"

Using Maven 2.0.10, if I do:

   mvn -e archetype:generate

then press Enter when it prompts me for a number, I get errors:

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-quickstart' could not be
retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring
file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
.
.
.
org.apache.maven.BuildFailureException: The desired archetype does not
exist (org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-quickstart:RELEASE)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
580)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:513)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:483)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:331)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:228)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
	at
sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: The desired
archetype does not exist (org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-
quickstart:RELEASE)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.archetype
.mojos
.CreateProjectFromArchetypeMojo
.execute(CreateProjectFromArchetypeMojo.java:201)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:453)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
559)
	... 16 more

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Trevor

Re: archetype:generate gives "Desired archetype does not exist"

Posted by Trevor Harmon <tr...@vocaro.com>.
On Mar 25, 2009, at 1:34 PM, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> Using Maven 2.0.10, if I do:
>
>  mvn -e archetype:generate
>
> then press Enter when it prompts me for a number, I get errors:

Found the problem. I'm using a local installation of Nexus as a mirror
of central, but the local installation was down. After removing the
<mirror> entry in my settings.xml, the error went away.

Trevor