Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io> on 2019/10/04 17:58:45 UTC

Token based authentication support added in Geode Develop

Hi, all

JWT token based authentication support is added to Geode develop branch.
Currently only management v2 rest api can use this (we can add dev rest
there too if requested). In order to turn on token based auth for
management rest api, you will need to do these two things:
1. start your locator with this property:
     *security-auth-token-enabled-components = all (or management)*
2. implement your SecurityManager to authenticate the jwt token passed in.
The jwt token will be available in the properties using the key
"security-token".

Let me know if you have any questions.

--
Cheers

Jinmei

Re: Token based authentication support added in Geode Develop

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
got it

--
-John
john.blum10101 (skype)

Re: Token based authentication support added in Geode Develop

Posted by Joris Melchior <jm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.

--
-John
john.blum10101 (skype)

Re: Token based authentication support added in Geode Develop

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Jens Deppe <jd...@pivotal.io>.