Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Patai Sangbutsarakum <si...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/26 22:46:42 UTC

splitting jobtracker and namenode

Hi Hadoopers,

My production Hadoop 0.20.2 cluster has been running Pri. namenode and
Jobtracker together in the same box for long time. it's time to
separate them. I am trying to write up a procedure on this to make
sure that it won't cause any issues.

- Decrease TTL of DNS entry for value of mapred.job.tracker
- Prepare new name in DNS entry for value of mapred.job.tracker
- Change value of mapred.job.tracker (in mapred-site.xml) to new
server and propagate the new config to whole cluster and clients (
where Hadoop jobs are submitted from )
- Create directory defined in mapred.local.dir on new server.
- Make sure that new jobtracker server is not in slave or master file.
- run stop-mapred.sh on current jobtracker server
- run start-mapred.sh on new jobtracker server

Do I miss anything ?

Please suggest.

Patai

Re: splitting jobtracker and namenode