Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jennifer Weston <je...@mavericklabel.com> on 2009/10/05 15:10:36 UTC

Product cost rules

I'm trying to figure out how to define product cost rules for
products. It looks like I may be able to set up something with
ProductPriceRule, ProductPriceCond, and ProductPriceAction, similar to
how I have price breaks for the same products. The problem I'm running
into is how to make a distinction between the price rules for our
customers and price rules for our company's purchase orders going to
our vendors.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of scenario?

Re: Product cost rules

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Oct 5, 2009, at 3:10 PM, Jennifer Weston wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to define product cost rules for
> products. It looks like I may be able to set up something with
> ProductPriceRule, ProductPriceCond, and ProductPriceAction, similar
> to how I have price breaks for the same products. The problem I'm
> running into is how to make a distinction between the price rules
> for our customers and price rules for our company's purchase orders
> going to our vendors.

Prices for purchase orders (from suppliers) are defined in the
SupplierProduct entity; the user interface is in the "Supplier" tab of
the Catalog->Product page.

Jacopo