Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by imadhusudhanan <im...@zohocorp.com> on 2009/01/17 08:48:05 UTC

Reg jcr:system root node ..

Dear All,

        When I see the repository I get the default jcr:system folder tree for every workspace I create. Isnt there any way to avoid creating that with a workspace so that my users will be pleased to look at having an empty root folder under which they can start creating folders for fresh. Kindly Reply.

Regards,
MadhuSudhanan I.
www.zoho.com
'If you wanna walk quick Walk Alone, if you wanna walk far Walk Together ..."

Re: Reg jcr:system root node ..

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 8:48 AM, imadhusudhanan
<im...@zohocorp.com> wrote:
>        When I see the repository I get the default jcr:system folder tree
> for every workspace I create. Isnt there any way to avoid creating that with
> a workspace so that my users will be pleased to look at having an empty root
> folder under which they can start creating folders for fresh. Kindly Reply.

No, the jcr:system subfolder is required by the specification (and for
the repository to work properly). A common approach for jcr explorer
GUIs is to have a filter of node types that will not be displayed for
normal usage.

Regards,
Alex

--