Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Leja <Ma...@mpluss.de> on 2003/04/27 22:07:10 UTC

strange data-source config bug?

hi,

for several weeks i used the following config successfully with struts 1.1:
<data-sources>
  <data-source>
  <set-property
    property="driverClassName"
    value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />
[...]

all of a sudden a web-app reload gave me the error:
SCHWERWIEGEND: Initializing application data source
org.apache.struts.action.DATA_SOURCE
java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.jav
a:529)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.setLogWriter(BasicDataSource.java:38
1)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.GenericDataSource.setLogWriter(GenericDataSource.java
:348)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleDataSources(ActionSe
[...]

took me hours to find a way to fix it, this time i provided the type
attribute:
<data-sources>
  <data-source type="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
  <set-property
    property="driverClassName"
    value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />
[...]

i changed nothing on the data source config, the above error was thrown
after i changed the type attribute of action-mappings element. Now do i have
to understand this?