Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Naoko Kitaoka <KN...@jp.ibm.com> on 2004/03/29 07:08:40 UTC

HTTP URL-Rewriting Modifier

I would like to know the example of how to use HTTP URL-Rewriting Modifier
and HTML Link Parser.

Naoko Kitaka

Re: HTTP URL-Rewriting Modifier

Posted by Michal Kostrzewa <m....@pentacomp.com.pl>.
W liście z pon, 29-03-2004, godz. 11:12, Naoko Kitaoka pisze:

> Where can I check the SessionArgument Name? (URL rewriting)

AFAIK you can't reference the parsed session (if I understand what you
mean). URL rewriting is only for modifying requests - it automatically
adds the session id parsed from previous response.
If you have to use this number in other way, you'll have to use the
"Regular Expression Extractor" postprocessor

> Where can I check the form name? (Link Parser)

Whew? Form name is not sent in requests... You can send values of text
fields, names of submit buttons, but names of forms?
If you want to parse form names from previous response, then you can use
"Regular Expression Extractor" postprocessor.

best regards,
Michal Kostrzewa

Re: HTTP URL-Rewriting Modifier

Posted by Naoko Kitaoka <KN...@jp.ibm.com>.

Where can I check the SessionArgument Name? (URL rewriting)

Where can I check the form name? (Link Parser)

> Of course, although I read user manual, I need more information.
>
> I can understand these role,however, I don't know how to use.
> What can I do using these modifiers?

There is example of test using url rewriting in the docs for download.
Basically you attach this element to thread or controller and it will
parse session ids from links in response and attach it to proceeding
requests. So you don't have to write request like
http://host;sessionid=XXXX?params=, sessionid=XXXX will be generated for
you.

Link parser is for parsing parameters of links from previous response
and you can easily use it in next request. There is quite detailed
description in the docs with screenshot included. Could you ask more
specific question?

best regards,
Michal Kostrzewa

Re: HTTP URL-Rewriting Modifier

Posted by Michal Kostrzewa <m....@pentacomp.com.pl>.

Posted by Naoko Kitaoka <KN...@jp.ibm.com>.

W liście z pon, 29-03-2004, godz. 07:08, Naoko Kitaoka pisze:

> I would like to know the example of how to use HTTP URL-Rewriting
Modifier
> and HTML Link Parser.

Have you read the docs? It contains some examples.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-adv-web-test-plan.html#session_url_rewriting

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_URL_Re-writing_Modifier

> and HTML Link Parser.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTML_Link_Parser