Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nacho Jimenez <na...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/17 17:15:55 UTC

OT: HTMLArea and "display: none"

Dear all,

Excuse me me for this offtopic, but I'm in desperate need of an answer
and maybe someone here has stuck in the same place as me.

I've just run into a little problem that's driving me nuts. I planned
to use a couple of htmlArea controls in one of my CocoonForms. In
order to keep a decently organized page, I don't want them to display
simultaneously, so I keep them hidden by applying a style="display:
none" to the div that contains the text widget.  If the user clicks on
a text, I change the style from javascript and voila.

So far so good, the page renders fine, the controls work as expected,
but the problem is that the hidden HTMLAreas don't work in Mozilla
browsers (due to some arcane javascript error, flawless in IE). Any
workarround? I could always decide which divs to show in the server
via JXTemplates/CForms, but i that many client/server trips for a
simple page will destroy the usability of the page.

Any ideas?

Re: OT: HTMLArea and "display: none"

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi,

I think the problem lies in Javascript support differences between IE and NS/MZ. Most likely you are
using HTML DOM properties that are only supported by IE. Look at sites like www.w3schools.com for
hint on which properties are supported by which browser (and from which version).

Cheers,
Geert

Nacho Jimenez wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Excuse me me for this offtopic, but I'm in desperate need of an answer
> and maybe someone here has stuck in the same place as me.
>
> I've just run into a little problem that's driving me nuts. I planned
> to use a couple of htmlArea controls in one of my CocoonForms. In
> order to keep a decently organized page, I don't want them to display
> simultaneously, so I keep them hidden by applying a style="display:
> none" to the div that contains the text widget.  If the user clicks on
> a text, I change the style from javascript and voila.
>
> So far so good, the page renders fine, the controls work as expected,
> but the problem is that the hidden HTMLAreas don't work in Mozilla
> browsers (due to some arcane javascript error, flawless in IE). Any
> workarround? I could always decide which divs to show in the server
> via JXTemplates/CForms, but i that many client/server trips for a
> simple page will destroy the usability of the page.
>
> Any ideas?

=====================================
NB: het Daidalos kantoor is sinds 22 april
jl. gevestigd op een nieuw adres:

Daidalos BV
Hoekeindsehof 1 - 4
2665 JZ Bleiswijk
tel: +31 (0)10 850 12 00
fax: +31 (0)10 850 11 99

Bovenstaand adres is tevens het postadres.
Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV

http://www.daidalos.nl/

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50