Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Kaleb Walton <kd...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/11/05 21:40:42 UTC

Specifying minOccurs for primitive properties with Simple Server

Pardon me if this has been answered already - couldn't find it anywhere in
Nabble.

Is there a way to specify minOccurs for primitive properties with the
Simple Server? Since many of our consumers use dynamic languages that do
not have default values for primitives I am forced to use complex types for
Integers, Longs, Boolean's, etc. for parameters that should be optional.
This is a problem with many of our developers as they are used to using
primitive ints, longs and booleans.

Example:

public class MyArg {
  Integer foo;
  public Integer getFoo() { // getter}
  public void setFoo(Integer foo) { // setter}
}

we would like it to be:

public class MyArg {
  int foo;
  public int getFoo() { // getter}
  public void setFoo(int foo) { // setter}
}

Any options?

Regards,
Kaleb

Re: Specifying minOccurs for primitive properties with Simple Server

Posted by Kaleb Walton <kd...@us.ibm.com>.
I will work on this and let you know what I come up with.

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>                                                                                                                    |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |cxf-user@incubator.apache.org                                                                                                                     |
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |Kaleb Walton/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS                                                                                                                 |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |11/07/2007 02:20 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: Specifying minOccurs for primitive properties with Simple Server                                                                              |

Hmm....   not right now, but it wouldn't be too hard.

Basically,  if we add a "Map<String, Object> ctxProperties" property to
the JAXBDataBinding that could be configured from spring, that would
allow it.     The map created on line 310 of JAXBDataBinding would then
be created as a copy of that map.

There's a bunch of keys on the JAXBRIContext that could be set/controlled
that way.   The ANNOTATION_READER is one of them.

You want to test it out?   Patches are welcome.  :-)

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: Specifying minOccurs for primitive properties with Simple Server

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
I've got another target for this trick, which is control of namespace
prefixes.

________________________________

To add a little bit of fuel to this fire - I found the following link
related to JAXB 2.0 XML configuration for those of us who don't want to
use annotations:

http://jbossesb.blogspot.com/2007/07/introducing-jaxb-annotations-on.htm

Do we have access to the point of JAXBContext creation so we can set a
RuntimeInlineAnnotationReader? Something that can be set through one of
the <simple:> Spring tags such as <simple:properties>?

Regards,
Kaleb

Inactive hide details for Kaleb Walton---11/07/2007 01:29:20 PM---Thanks
for clarification - please excuse the lack of understaKaleb
Walton---11/07/2007 01:29:20 PM---Thanks for clarification - please
excuse the lack of understanding on my part. If there is a way to
specify JAXB configuration

Kaleb Walton/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS

cxf-user@incubator.apache.org

cxf-user@incubator.apache.org

11/07/2007 01:29 PM

RE: Specifying minOccurs for primitive properties with Simple Server

________________________________

Thanks for clarification - please excuse the lack of understanding on my
part. If there is a way to specify JAXB configuration options via XML or
some external configuration file to support such functionality I would
be interested in trying that out. Do you have any suggested resources
for me to follow? I'll do some digging on my own as well, thank you!

Regards,
Kaleb

"Benson Margulies" ---11/07/2007 01:06:37 PM---Um, the simple front end
is using either JAXB or Aegis. If JAXB, I

"Benson Margulies" <bi...@basistech.com>

<cx...@incubator.apache.org>

11/07/2007 01:06 PM

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1184>

  From:       Kaleb Walton/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS

  To:         cxf-user@incubator.apache.org

  Cc:         cxf-user@incubator.apache.org

 From:           "Benson Margulies" <bi...@basistech.com>

 To:             <cx...@incubator.apache.org>

Posted by Kaleb Walton <kd...@us.ibm.com>.
Since there are things about Aegis that I have found undesirable and the
simple server is so easy to use, I've created a JIRA ticket requesting
'defaultMinOccurs' and 'defaultNillable' properties to be enabled in the
simple server. Hopefully others will agree with this suggestion and it will
be implemented soon!

Kaleb

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Kaleb Walton/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS                                                                                                                 |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |cxf-user@incubator.apache.org                                                                                                                     |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |11/05/2007 04:31 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
|------------>
  |RE: Specifying minOccurs for primitive properties with Simple Server                                                                              |

Ok - I'll definitely research that a bit more. Thank you for the tip!

Regards,
Kaleb

Inactive hide details for "Benson Margulies" ---11/05/2007 04:16:37
PM---This is for what we invented Aegis, I think. You can d"Benson

 From:           "Benson Margulies" <bi...@basistech.com>

 To:             <cx...@incubator.apache.org>

 Cc:             "Daniel Kulp" <dk...@apache.org>

 Date:           11/05/2007 04:16 PM

                 Simple Server

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

RE: Specifying minOccurs for primitive properties with Simple Server

Posted by Kaleb Walton <kd...@us.ibm.com>.
Ok - I'll definitely research that a bit more. Thank you for the tip!

Regards,
Kaleb

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"Benson Margulies" <bi...@basistech.com>                                                                                                        |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |<cx...@incubator.apache.org>                                                                                                                   |
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |"Daniel Kulp" <dk...@apache.org>                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |11/05/2007 04:16 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
|------------>

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

RE: Specifying minOccurs for primitive properties with Simple Server

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: Specifying minOccurs for primitive properties with Simple Server

Posted by Kaleb Walton <kd...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks for the suggestion. Right now since we use the Simple Server we have
ZERO annotations in our Java classes and we want to keep it that way so
that method will not work for us.

If you can think of any other configuration option that I can specify in my
Spring config, or if there's some file that I can create to include meta
data about how to serialize the class please let me know as this is one of
the last little things that's getting in our way :)

Thanks again for all your consideration!

Regards,
Kaleb

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>                                                                                                                    |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |cxf-user@incubator.apache.org                                                                                                                     |
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |Kaleb Walton/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS                                                                                                                 |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |11/05/2007 03:56 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: Specifying minOccurs for primitive properties with Simple Server

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Hmm...    Not really sure.

--
J. Daniel Kulp