Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Philippe Lavoie <ph...@cactus.ca> on 2001/02/06 00:19:18 UTC

Pre-compiltion of the xml files inside the repository.

Compiling the files takes some times. Can anybody tell me how I can tell
Cocoon (or Tomcat) to pre-compile all the .xml files inside the repository ?

If it is not possible, can you let me know too ? :)

Thanks for the info.

Philippe Lavoie
Software Engineer                      tel: 819.778.0345 mobile:
819.664.9881
Cactus Communications Internet	   email: philippe.lavoie@cactus.ca

Re: Pre-compiltion of the xml files inside the repository.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Philippe Lavoie wrote:

> Compiling the files takes some times. Can anybody tell me how I can tell
> Cocoon (or Tomcat) to pre-compile all the .xml files inside the repository ?
>
> If it is not possible, can you let me know too ? :)

cocoon isn't setup to allow that. it's not impossible, you could write
something to look for a list of urls in cocoon.properties and precompile
them. or you could do it even more easily and write a shell script to fire
up wget on the urls you want to precomile and add it to your apache
startup script. try the jikes compiler - it's significantly faster.

- donald