Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Panshul Whisper <ou...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/06 12:33:36 UTC

using hdfs shell commands in a pig script

Hello,

Is it possible to use hadoop fs commands in a pig script?

What i exactly want to do is, at the end of my pig script, after the
execution of store in a file command, I want the pig script to merge the
multiple output files it creates.

So either I can try and execute the hadoop fs -getmerge command in the pig
script, or is there some other way to do it in pig?

I got this idea, since grunt supports hadoop fs commands so I thought maybe
it is possible to somehow execute them from within a pig script file.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanking You,

Ouch Whisper
010101010101

Re: using hdfs shell commands in a pig script

Posted by Panshul Whisper <ou...@gmail.com>.
Thnx...
This worked.. and really helped...

Regards,