Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Will Milspec <wi...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/12 17:18:17 UTC

Where does admin UI visually distinguish between "master" and "slave"?

Hi all,

I'm getting started with a master/slave configuration for two solr
instances.  Two distinguish between 'master' and 'slave', I've set he system
properties (e.g. "-Dmaster.enabled") and using the same 'solrconfig.xml'.

I can see via the system properties admin UI that the jvm (and thus solr)
sees correct values, i.e.:
enable.master = false
enable.slave = true

However, the replication admin UI is identical for both 'master' and
'slave'. (i.e.
http://localhost:8983/solr/production/admin/replication/index.jsp)

I'd like a clearer visual confirmation that the master node is indeed a
master and the slave is a slave.

Summary question:
Does the admin UI  distinguish betwen "master and slave"?

thanks

will

Re: Where does admin UI visually distinguish between "master" and "slave"?

Posted by Will Milspec <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. I've checked the code with a few different inputs
and believe I have found a bug.

Could someone comment as to whether I'm missing something? I will file go
ahead and file it if someone can attest "looks like a bug".

Bug Summary:
==========
- Admin UI replication/index.jsp checks for master or slave with the
following code:
   if ("true".equals(detailsMap.get("isSlave")))
-  if slave, replication/index.jsp displays the "Master" and "Poll
Intervals", etc. sections (everything up to "Cores")
- if false, replication/index.jsp does not display the "Master", "Poll
Intervals" section
-This "slave check/UI difference" works correctly if the solrconfig.xml has
a  "slave" but not "master" section or vice versa

Expected results:
==================
Same UI difference would occur in the following scenario:
   a) solrconfig.xml has both master and slave entries
   b) use java.properties (-Dsolr.enable.master -Dsolr.enable.slave) to set
"master" or "slave" at runtime

*OR*
    c) use solrcore.properties  to set "master" and "slave" at runtime

Actual results:
If solrconfig.xml has both master and slave entries, replication/index.jsp
shows both "master" and "slave" section regardless of system.properties

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Will,