Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by David Turner <tu...@genome.wi.mit.edu> on 2001/06/11 18:53:09 UTC

SAXParserException

I'm currently running soap2.2 with tomcat 4 beta on a standalone machine

(no net connection), and when I run a simple example I get a
SaxParserException saying "The contents of elements must consist of
well-formed character data or markup."  Am I getting this message
because it can't get to "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"?

Is there a way to run soap applications without connecting to the net if

the above is true?  Normally, this would run on a network, but I trying
to create a development environment.

RE: SAXParserException

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi David,

Can you resolve the class from the command-shell where you start the server?

Thanks,
-Matt

RE: SAXParserException

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi David,

I would also suggest using the command-line based deployment tool,
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient to deploy your service. This
way, you have less chances of typos. You will need to create a deployment
descriptor file to use the command-line tool; you can copy one from one of
the included samples.

Once you get it deployed using the command-line tool, you can try using the
same tool (ServiceManagerClient) to "query" the deployed service. You will
get a much better idea of whether or not it is deployed correctly, because
the deployment descriptor object itself is being marshalled.

Thanks,
-Matt

Re: SAXParserException

Posted by David Turner <tu...@genome.wi.mit.edu>.

RE: SAXParserException

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi David,

Re: SAXParserException

Posted by David Turner <tu...@genome.wi.mit.edu>.
Hi Matt,
[...]

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)

[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:579)

RE: SAXParserException

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi David,