Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by # Lalit Nagpal # <la...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/27 12:24:01 UTC

intranet application

hi guys ...

somebody please tell me how to write a intranet
application using tomcat ... how to configure tomcat
for an intranet application ....

thanx in advance

Lalit Nagpal

=====
# Lalit Nagpal #

Re: intranet application

Posted by Hanasaki JiJi <ha...@hanaden.com>.
Tomcat doesnt care if its intranet or internet.  It is all TCP/IP to
Tomcat.  Some comibination of the following separates a internet from
intranet: firewall, NAT(Network Address Translation), Proxies ...

Tomcat supports CGI and Servlet based applications.  I would highly
suggest going the servlet approach.  CGI's often spawn at least one OS
process for each HTTP request.  This reduces performance alot.  How do
write servlets?  Check the below references and learn OO (Object
Oriented) don't just start coding.  Its a sure way to find trouble later.
http://java.sun.com/
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/doc/Servlets.html
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/
	<read the web technology tutorials>

# Lalit Nagpal # wrote:
> hi guys ...
>
> somebody please tell me how to write a intranet
> application using tomcat ... how to configure tomcat
> for an intranet application ....
>
> thanx in advance
>
> Lalit Nagpal
>
> =====
> # Lalit Nagpal #

= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =