Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Cort, Tom" <To...@state.vt.us> on 2007/08/15 22:25:16 UTC

Packaging .har files for JBoss

Hi,

I'm converting an Ant built system to Maven for a JavaEE project[1] I'm
working on, and I'm having problems building the HAR[2] (hibernate[3]
archive). For those not familiar with HARs, a .har file is just a re-named
.jar with some jboss specific and hibernate specific configuration files in
it.

I found the harModule element for maven-ear-plugin to include HAR files in
an EAR, but I can't find how to package the HAR itself. Has anyone done this
before, or can someone point me to a website or pom.xml that explains or
demonstrates this? Using <packaging>har</packaging> doesn't work
automagically and I haven't been able to find much with Google.

Thanks!

--
Tom Cort
Systems Developer

[1] gateway
http://gateway.sf.net

[2] Hibernate Archive
http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r3/html/ch13.html
http://www.ubookcase.com/book/Sams/JBoss.4.0.The.Official.Guide/0672326485/c
h13lev1sec2.html

[3] Hibernate
http://hibernate.org

Re: Packaging .har files for JBoss

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at the jboss-packaging-maven-plugin from org.codehaus.mojo
to create the .har file.

Wayne