Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Colin Cullen <co...@earthlink.net> on 2005/10/18 18:30:14 UTC

[mina] MINA build and help with SVN

Hi,

I would like to retrieve the SNAPSHOT versions of mina 0.9x and 0.7x from SVN.  I am only slightly familiar with SVN.  There was at one time an example of how to do this on the Mina website, but I cannot seem to find it now.  What I did find was the following:

$ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/network/branches/0.7 mina
$ cd mina
$ maven jar     # Build JAR
$ maven site    # Generate documentation
$ maven eclipse # Generate Eclipse project file if you want

This works fine, but how would I specify a different version, and the SNAPSHOT version?  I have attempted to replace the 0.7 with 0.9, and 0.9-SNAPSHOT, and 0.74, etc., without success.  Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
Colin

Re: [mina] MINA build and help with SVN

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Colin Cullen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would like to retrieve the SNAPSHOT versions of mina 0.9x and 0.7x from SVN.

You mean build them I presume.

>I am only slightly familiar with SVN.  There was at one time an example of how to do this on the Mina website, but I cannot seem to find it now.  What I did find was the following:
>
>$ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/network/branches/0.7 mina
>$ cd mina
>$ maven jar     # Build JAR
>$ maven site    # Generate documentation
>$ maven eclipse # Generate Eclipse project file if you want
>
>This works fine, but how would I specify a different version, and the SNAPSHOT version?

You'll need to check out a different tag or branch.  A branch will most
likely produce a SNAPSHOT whereas a tag will be for a non-SNAPSHOT'd
version.  This should usually be the case but tags can be taken of a
SNAPSHOT in time.  Just take a look in the project.xml to figure out
what's going to be built.

> I have attempted to replace the 0.7 with 0.9, and 0.9-SNAPSHOT, and 0.74, etc., without success.  Please point me in the right direction.

First off most of the tagged releases should be available as jars from
the maven repo or from Apache mirrors in a distro.  So no need to build
this stuff unless you want to fork it and customize it for some reason
off a release.

Usually the latest SNAPSHOT is available on
http://cvs.apache.org/respository.  However if its not and you want the
bleeding edge just check out the branch or the trunk.  Look at the
project.xml's currentVersion tag to determine what the version for that
branch.

The leading edge for MINA is 0.9 and its in the trunk.

Good luck,
Alex