Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> on 2013/10/20 16:34:19 UTC

yarn.nodemanager.vmem-check-enabled

Is this option typically enabled in practice?  Is there a way for a specific AM to disable it, or is it site-wide?
We are finding that our YARN application, because it launches many threads, each with a somewhat large stack, has a large vmem/pmem ratio (say, 2GB / 200MB).  Unless we disable this option, the NM tends to kill our tasks.
Thanks
John

Re: yarn.nodemanager.vmem-check-enabled

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
Hi John,

At Cloudera we turn it off by default and recommend doing so because of the
way that Java can behave weirdly with high vmems.

-Sandy

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
Hi John,

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.