Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/08/30 15:50:24 UTC

Re: [classlib][logging] a test suite shouldn't touch any of JRE config files!!!

On 30 August 2006 at 12:03, "Stepan Mishura" <st...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was browsing thought logging tests and realized that running logging test
> suite cause updates of tested JRE configuration.
> The ant script changes jre/lib/logging.properties file by:
>
>     <target name="copy.resources">
>         <copy todir="${hy.jdk}/jre/lib" overwrite="yes" flatten="yes">
>             <fileset dir="${hy.logging.src.main.java}">
>                 <include name="**/logging.properties" />
>             </fileset>
>         </copy>
>     </target>

The 'test' target depends on 'build' which in turn depends on the above
'copy.resources' target.  So this seems perfectly reasonable to me.

It's copying it to the jre to make the jre complete.  It is part of the
build not the test process.

If it was copying to test.jre.home I'd be worried but I don't really see
why this should be a problem.

Regards,
 Mark.

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
On 8/31/06, Stepan Mishura wrote:

>  On 8/31/06, Stepan Mishura wrote:
>
> >  On 8/30/06, Mark Hindess wrote:
> > >

> > On 30 August 2006 at 12:03, "Stepan Mishura"
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I was browsing thought logging tests and realized that running logging
> > test
> > > suite cause updates of tested JRE configuration.
> > > The ant script changes jre/lib/logging.properties file by:
> > >
> > >     <target name="copy.resources">
> > >         <copy todir="${ hy.jdk}/jre/lib" overwrite="yes"
> > flatten="yes">
> > >             <fileset dir="${ hy.logging.src.main.java}">
> > >                 <include name="**/logging.properties" />
> > >             </fileset>
> > >         </copy>
> > >     </target>
> >
> > The 'test' target depends on 'build' which in turn depends on the above
> > 'copy.resources' target.  So this seems perfectly reasonable to me.
> >

> > Hmm, but the file is changed during test suite run and even not
> > restored. I'll look into...
> >

>  Aha, test support class[1] changes the file.
>
> Thanks,
> Stepan.
>
> [1]http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/logging/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/logging/tests/java/util/logging/util/DefaultPropertyHelper.java?view=markup

Any volunteer to fix that?